Small groups are at the heart of our mission as a church – “To know Jesus, to follow him and to make him known to others.” We believe that meeting in small groups is modeled by Christ, continued in the early church (Acts 2:42-47, 5:42 and 20:20), instructed by scripture (Hebrews 10:25) and encouraged by a promise (Matthew 18:20).
* Jesus modeled for us the importance of a small group when he met with the twelve disciples.
* Acts chapter 2, verse 42 illustrates elements of small group dynamics:
Bible Study “… and they were continually devoting themselves to the apostles’ teaching”
Fellowship “and to fellowship”
Sharing meals “… to the breaking of bread”
Prayer “… and to prayer.
* Acts chapter 2, verse 46 and chapter 5 verse 42 show where the early church met:
Corporate Meetings “…in the temple”
Homes “…house to house”
* Acts chapter 20, verse 20 illustrates Paul teaching from house to house.
* According to Hebrews 10:25 we are to “…not give up meeting together…but encouraging one another…”
* Jesus promises in Matthew 18:20 that “…where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.”
As the church gathered in homes for encouragement and equipping they were strengthened in their mission to transform the community by the grace of God.
Small Groups continue to be a place of equipping and encouragement today as we experience the transforming power of Christ. These groups serve as a vital means for discipleship and pastoral care. Groups are a place where spiritual gifts are discovered and exercised within the group itself, within the larger church, and to the world. They are a place where a vision for ministry and service are developed.
You are invited and encouraged to attend one of our small groups. Contact one of the small group leaders or for more information.
Women’s Bible Study – Ronnie Studer
Saturday Night Prayer – Karen Gratreak
Family Night – Peter and Kimberly Ness
It is our vision that the Lord would use small groups to grow our church, for this to happen we need leaders with a desire to reach their family, friends and neighbors. If you are interested in taking this step of leadership to lead or host a small group we encourage you to contact Pastor Larry or Karen